Based in Utrecht, the Netherlands
May 12, 2014
Press / Business Contact:
Nadia Was Here
Utrecht, the Netherlands
+31 06 13 28 36 89
Jajaben Games is a one-man game studio based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Game design for me is a form of self-expression. This can result in games that are either incredibly joyous on one hand, or thought-provoking on the other. And sometimes, they are both.
I have been making games for as long as I can remember. Or at least since I was allowed by my parents to hold kid scissors. It started with boardgames and puzzle books, and "video" games made of paper soon followed. Things were kicked into high gear once I discovered Game Maker (V4.3). A program I still use today.Now
I've started a company May 12th of 2014. My goal is to keep doing what I love, make games! In 2017 I released my passion project Nadia Was Here, and I am now looking for new opportunities.
Timelapse "Nadia was here" YouTube
Timelapse "The only one" YouTube
There are far more images available for Jajaben Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- ""Resonance." Jury and audience award at the Dutch Global Game Jam site." - Hilversum, 31 January, 2010
- ""The only one" eighth place Ludum Daré 27." - Ludum Daré, 25 August, 2013
- "Look out for this one! I have good feelings about it."
- Chris Priestman, Indiestatic
- "It would be easy to mistake Nadia Was Here for just another 8-bit indie RPG looking to inspire some nostalgia in players longing for the good old days. It has all of the hallmarks of those NES classics; a trio consisting of the warrior, the mage, and a thief—here named Nadia—trying to save their world from some sort of disaster."
- Noah Waldman, Kill Screen